I hope you love the products I recommend in this article. Just so you know, Bronze Booty may receive a commission or other compensation from the links on this page. This helps me keep Bronze Booty updated with all of this great information. I hope you find exactly what you're looking for!
With kids having such sensitive skin, it’s not only more susceptible to sunburn from the unforgiving rays of the sun, but it is also very sensitive to chemicals and toxins within skincare products. They don’t make kid’s sunscreen just because they think kids need their own line of products for fun; it’s totally necessary!
With so many different kinds of sunscreen lining the shelves of supermarkets, it’s hard to tell what it best sunscreen for kids! Although the packaging may look vibrant and intriguing, you should really turn the bottles around and read the ingredients list.
Your best bet is to ignore the common brands of sunscreen and head straight for the organic section to see what they have to offer, or shop online at Amazon.com. Sure, you might spend more money, but can you really place a price tag on your health? That is one place where you should not cut corners!
Ingredients to Avoid
Here’s some ingredients to avoid, in order to find the best sunscreen for kids:
- Propylene Glycol
There are many other chemicals that should be avoided, and it’s best to research any ingredient that you are not familiar with, and then make a determination as to whether or not you want it on your child’s skin.
Best Sunscreens for Kids
Here is a list of some of the best sunscreen for kids and a link to Amazon where they can be purchased.
- California Baby: This one if by far my personal favorite to use on my little one!
- ThinkBaby: Raving reviews!
- Loving Naturals: Certified organic, cruelty free, made in the USA. Does it get much better?
- Babo Botanicals: All natural, chemical free, good reviews and a cute, little bunny!
- Seventh Generation: I love most of the products from this company, especially the cleaning products. Their sunblock is great, too!
- Earth’s Best: I only knew they made baby food products, but apparently their sunscreen is great, too!
- The Honest Company: I’ve heard a lot of good about this company.
- Goddess Garden: Good reviews, made in the USA.
- BabyGanics: A lot of people like this company, but just look into the ingredients on the back and make the determination for yourself.
- Badger: They have a few different sunscreens, but this one is my favorite.
- Kiss My Face: The sun won’t be kissing any faces with this sunblock!
- TruKid: This one is good for the whole family and isn’t full of a bunch of harmful ingredients!
- Aubrey Organics: I use a lot of this company’s products, they are truly wonderful!
- Raw Elements: Broad spectrum protection and biodegradable, worth looking into, in my book!
- Burt’s Bees: Here is one you can find at almost any store if you prefer not to shop online
Always, always, always read the ingredients on the back, even on a sunscreen that you have purchased before because a company can change ingredients at any given time and might add something that you, or your child’s skin, doesn’t necessarily agree with.
It’s a shame that we have to take the time to make sure that the products that we are using from the market are safe for us, but it is time well spent if you are ensuring your health and avoiding the introduction of unnecessary toxins into your body. The best way to be sure the ingredients are safe is to make your own products. Did you know that you can make your own safe, organic sunblock?
I understand that not everyone has time to play in their kitchen making their own skincare products, we live in a busy world and between work and kids, it can be tough! So let this list of the best sunscreen for kids serve as a guide when you are in the market for a new sunscreen; you and your children will certainly benefit from it!