We often find ourselves in really awkward positions whilst trying to shave our down-below. In our society, we are convinced that we are not to have hair on our bodies other than our heads and faces. With how much we shave, you would think we would start evolving without the unwanted hair (wishful thinking).
Sometimes shaving can be burdensome, actually it often can, but it’s sometimes necessary to clean up that bikini line. For instance, college spring break, gotta keep it smooth or else you’ll have a few playing peek-a-boo with everyone at the beach!
Why Pick Trimming Over Shaving
Sometimes we desire to looked cleaned up down there without the complete annoyances that come along with shaving; after all, it’s not like we’re always trying to hit the beach! Most of the time, a simple trim will do. In my opinion, it’s better to trim instead of shave and here’s why:
- No razor burn: At the tippity top of my list is razor burn, because that stuff is the worst! Especially on our lady parts, ouch! With trimming, there’s no razors grazing the tops of your oh-so-sensitive hair follicles.
- No razor bumps: Naturally, the next thing we think of is razor bumps, you know, those red, pimply things that tend to appear shortly after shaving as the hair grows back into the skin, and that occasional ingrown hair. (ouch again!) With trimming, you’re not taking the hair right up to the skin, unless you’re going for the four o’clock shadow look, of course! You can still get some here and there, but not as likely as with shaving.
- Faster: Trimming is faster than shaving and you don’t have to worry about accidentally missing a few hairs.
- No itchiness: Nothing compares to the uncomfortable itchiness of that hair growing back, especially if you’re wearing the wrong kind of underwear for such occasion. Because the hair is not growing back from the surface, you don’t have to worry about the itch!
- No surprise cuts: That feeling when you know what you just did, yeah, you won’t get that with trimming. Razors are quite the awkward shape for the delicate area which often leads to cuts.
Choosing the Best Bikini Trimmer for You
So the idea of trimming is beginning to sound good, it’s time to start looking for a trimmer that works best! Bikini trimmers are all over the place, so in order to make it easier on you, I’ve found the very best bikini trimmers out there right now with a fair budget in mind. Here’s some to look into!
- JTrim SilkTouch Women’s Electric Shaver: Why not start with my personal trimmer choice! Not only does it boast 5 star reviews on Amazon, but can give you an unbelievably close shave for an electric shaver! And because I’m cheap, the fact it’s rechargeable is a huge bonus in my book!
- Conair LLT2 Conair Ladies Lithium Ion Precision Trimmer: This personal trimmer is another high rater on Amazon, and for under $15 is a steal! This precision trimmer is also head to toe trimmer, so it’ll work great on that peach fuzz over the lip or down around the bikini line.
- Panasonic Bikini Trimmer and Shaver, Ladies: If you’re looking for just a great, basic trimmer, here it is! The comb adjusts to 5 positions allowing for as close of a trim as you want!
- Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Razor and Bikini Trimmer: This one is my personal favorite because it comes with a razor that is replaceable with refill cartridges and on the other end of the stick is a battery operated trimmer!
- Philips HP6390 Precision Perfect Trimmer: This trimmer comes stocked with a bunch of other little accessories inside of the handle for the most precise trim: Tweezers with a light, and a mirror. The adjustable length trimming comb allows you to go the length you desire.
- Remington WPG4020C Body and Bikini Grooming Kit: Last but not least, this trimmer is awesome because it comes with an exfoliator attachment which helps to prevent ingrown hairs! Win!
Not only does it feel good to keep it trim down there, but it makes it easier to shave on those occasions when shaving is necessary. With any of these trimmers and just a few minutes of your time, there’s no excuses not to pamper yourself and feel good! Instead of unnecessarily reaching for that razor with the subtle cringe, grab the trimmer and relax.