I hope you love the products I recommend in this article. Just so you know, Bronze Booty may receive a commission or other compensation from the links on this page. This helps me keep Bronze Booty updated with all of this great information. I hope you find exactly what you're looking for!
Perhaps you want a tan that just evens out your natural skin tone, or go dark like those people who seemingly live on the beach. Whatever you decide on, you are spending money to get this look, but how long do spray tans last?
How long does a spray tan last?
A typical spray tan lasts around 5 days to 2 weeks before it starts to look a bit spotty. This may not seem like a very long time, especially when you spend $20-40 on a tanning session! To make the tan last as long as possible and prevent it from fading, there are some measures you can take. Keep in mind though: this isn’t much shorter than natural tans which last only about 6 to 10 days! In that light, a well-maintained spray tan can last longer!
What factors matter to make a spray tan last longer?
With tanning, “you get what you pay for.” This goes for your tanning services and products you use on your skin! If you find a salon that does cheap tans, they may use inferior products, and if you buy cheap products to use on your skin, just look at the ingredients and they will say it all!
There is actually a lot of thought and attention that goes into the pre-tanning, tanning, and post-tanning process. You may think it’s easy to just step into the tanning salon, and walk out with a whole new glow, but the truth is, if you do things wrong, you might look like a leopard for a few days.
So, what factors matter to making your spray tan last more than a few days? The answer isn’t as simple as you would think. It really depends on many factors, such as:
- How do you prep your body beforehand?
- Do you use a tanning booth or a technician?
- What products do you use?
- Were you sweating?
- What products do you use on your skin after the tan?
How can I prevent my spray tan from fading?
It’s always sad when our tan fades. With spray tans only lasting five days to 2 weeks, you want to do everything you can to make it last 2 weeks, right? Right. So here are a few things that you can do to make that fabulous tan last:
Video: How to Maintain Your Tan
Recommended from the Video Above:
- Exfoliate your skin before your tan.
- Do not rub lotion or use any products on your skin before the tan.
- Do not consume any caffeinated beverages before the tanning session as this can cause you to sweat.
- Keep your skin moisturized with a fake tanning lotion such as Jergens Natural Glow.
- Only use products designed for spray tans such as Norvell sunless tan maintenance products.
- For more great tips, read: How to get your spray tan to last longer
So hopefully we answered the big question in enough detail: How long do spray tans last? What will you do to make it last closer to the two week mark or beyond?